Angaston's cemetery is located on part of four acres bought from Gottfried Hanish on 24 September 1867. It was bought as a private venture by 12 local men. They were; James Harris, Charles Holmes, John Hurst, James Jepson, David Mutton, HHB Pepperell, Charles Redford, William Short, Sam Stockwell, David Tavender, David Ward and Richard Wilson.
By 1903 only Holmes was still alive. He was approached by the Angaston District Council who wanted to buy the land, to which he agreed on 15 April 1911. Five weeks later Charles Holmes also died and was buried on 22 May 1911. The cemetery replaces the Historic Cemetery in Hannay Crescent and most graves have been relocated, a process finished around 1921.
Alexander Wishart was appointed Curator in May 1917.
Below are SOME of the headstones of the Angaston Cemetery. In an attempt to save as much space as possible and increase the speed of downloading, only part of the stone is displayed. Flinders Ranges Research has a full photograph of each of these, and many others as well.