Presbyterian Cemetery Clare
The Clare Presbyterian Church foundation stone was unveiled on 23 April 1856 and opened in 1857. The land was a gift from William Gordon McKay, overseer of Bungaree Station.The manse was completed in 1866 with a cemetery next to it. The first minister was William Davidson from Burra. Robert Mitchell took over in 1872 and after nearly ten years of service moved to the north where he became the first minister of the Smith of Dunesk Mission at Beltana.
Views from the 1870s and 1957
After 1978 church services were abandoned and as a result of repeated vandalism of the building it was demolished in 1983 and the site redeveloped for housing. There had been burials in the adjoining cemetery from 1859 until at least 1897.