Good Shepherd Lutheran Cemetery
Gomersal was named in 1918 after Gomersal in Yorkshire, England which was the birthplace of the father of Premier A.H. Peake. Before that date it was called Neu Mecklenbuerg or New Mecklenberg by the Lutheran migrants from Mecklenburg in Germany. They built their first church here in 1864, which had to be replaced by a much larger one in 1925. It finally closed in 1970 and was removed following the merger with St Martin's Church, Rosedale to form the Trinity Church of Rosedale.
Rosedale was previously known as Rosenthal but was also changed in 1918.
Below are SOME of the headstones of the Gomersal Cemetery. In an attempt to save as much space as possible and increase the speed of downloading, only part of the stone is displayed. Flinders Ranges Research has a full photograph of each of these, and many others as well.